Alvarez Family Scholarship for Health Care Careers
This scholarship is awarded in the memory of Carlos Barriere Alvarez, MD, and Jacqueline Shelton Alvarez. Dr. Carlos Alvarez opened his surgical practice in Circleville in 1959 and he served on the staff at Berger Hospital for 40 years. His wife Jacqueline Shelton Alvarez served her community working as a nurse.
The Alvarez Family wanted to honor their parents’ memory by helping others from their community by providing scholarship. The Alvarez Family Scholarship will be awarded to graduates of a Pickaway County High Schools who plan to serve in a health or social service field.
This scholarship may be used for tuition, books, and other academic fees. The scholarship must not displace any institutional aid.
This scholarship is currently nonrenewable.
Pickaway County Community Foundation
770 North Court Street
Circleville, OH 43113
Application and Award Process
- Pickaway County Community Foundation will send applications to the eligible high schools for distribution for the upcoming academic year. Applications will also be made available on the Pickaway County Community Foundation website and in the office.
- Candidates complete the paper application by the deadline.
- After the deadline, the Pickaway County Community Foundation reviews complete applications for eligibility.
- The Foundation sets up the selection committee meeting.
- Finalist are chosen by the selection committee.
- Interviews of the finalist take place.
- The Foundation sends denial letters to those who did not receive the scholarship.
- The Foundation sends award letters to recipients that include an explanation of the
payment request process and the proof of enrollment form.
- Once proof of enrollment has been received by the Foundation, a check will be sent to the recipient’s educational institution